Terms and conditions
“Shipping horses is not just our business, it’s our passion”
Conditions EHS Belgium Conditions EHS France
General conditions for transport
- All our transactions are subject to the Belgian Freight Forwarding Standard Trading Conditions 2005. The text of those Conditions has been published under number 05090237 in the Annexe au Moniteur Belge dated June 24th, 2005, and is available free of charge upon request
- All goods (including horses) are being stabled, handled and/or shipped at owner’s and/or client's risk and are assumed to be insured, unless otherwise agreed in written. If circumstances permit, horses which are stabled at EHS will be turned out and might go into an automatic horse walker, an indoor arena, an outdoor paddock or a grass meadow, again at owner’s and/or client's risk. Also any urgent and/or necessary veterinary treatment(s) are at the cost and risk of the owner and/or client. Off course the owner (or his representative) can give different instructions, but only if done in writing to one of our agents.
- We keep horses in stables at EHS in motion, if conditions permit, and they may go into a horse walker, indoor arena, meadow and/or outdoor paddock. This is also always done at the risk of the owner and/or client, just like any urgent or necessary veterinary treatments. Any deviating instructions can of course be passed on by the owner (or his representative), but only in writing via one of our employees.
- Horses stabled at EHS for export preparation to third countries might be excluded from the food chain as a result of veterinary treatments or vaccinations administered following the importing country’s sanitary requirements.
- In case the client wishes to change or cancel a shipment within 7 business days prior sheduled departure date, cancellation fees will apply. These can amount up to 100% of the total shipping costs.
- E.H.S. bvba may make changes to any products and/or services offered on the website, or to the applicable prices for any such products or services, at any time, without notice. The materials on the website with respect to products and services may be out of date, and E.H.S. bvba makes no commitment to update the materials on the website with respect to such products and services. Quotations are valid up to 8 days after the date of publication.
- No part of the website and no content (logos, text, images & illustrations) may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, encoded, translated, transmitted or distributed in any way (including “mirroring”) to any other computer, server, website or other medium for publication or distribution or for any commercial enterprise, without E.H.S.’s express prior written consent.
- All our invoices are due on cash payment at B-8300 Knokke-Heist and latest 7 business days prior sheduled shipping date. In case of non-payment within this period, an interest rate of 2% per month will be charged. On top of this and due to the non-payment, there will be a compensation charge of 20% of the unpaid amounts, with a minimum of 250 Euro.
- In case of non-payment by the client, E.H.S. bvba remains the right to charge all related costs to the horse(s)’s owner(s).
- Any complaints about this invoice must be done by registered letter and within eight days of the invoice date.
- Only the Courts of Brugge (Bruges) are entitled to settle any disputes.